Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Who Am I and What Am I Doing

Who Am I and What Am I Doing

Hi there! My name is Melissa Tees and I am here to share all of my nerdy love with you. 




I am a earning my Masters in Library Science at the University of North Texas. I have worked at the Southlake Public Library in the Children and Teen Department developing their graphic novels collection as well as their Random Fandom department. As of April 2016, I have joined the Montgomery Country Library in their Youth Department. I hope to be able to work in  my crafty and pop culture obsessions into my work as much as possible.

I am an contributing writer to Cosplay, Comics and Geek Culture in Libraries and wanted to start my own blog to share more of my personal experiences in my own way. I plan on incorporating both my love of libraries and my love of cosplay in this blog. I spend the majority of my free time and money on cosplay. If there is ever an excuse to put on a costume, I will take it. My favorite fandoms include the almighty Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Firefly, and anything with Harley Quinn.

For this blog, I will be primarily posting programming opportunities for libraries, book suggestions, costume tutorials, and cosplay project progressions. I will happily answer any questions if you give me a shout!



No comments:

Post a Comment