Sunday, April 2, 2017

One Week Cosplay: Princess Serenity - Day 1 Supply Gathering

One Week Cosplay: Princess Serenity - Day 1 Supply Gathering 


Alachua County Library is hosting Fandomonium next Saturday (April 8th) and I volunteered to round out their Girl Power: Feminism and the Magical Girl Genre panel. 

Panel description: "Girl Power: Feminism and the Magical Girl Genre will be talking about girls teaming up. Explore the different takes on everything from Sailor Moon to Kill la Kill."

While I am still waiting on a reply from the moderator and am not quite sure if I will end up being a panelist, I had to decide on what to wear. My first plan was to go as Android 18; however, if I end up being on the panel then I want to dress the part. The only way to go was Sailor Scout. 

While Sailor Saturn is my favorite scout and I have plans to do her outfit at a later date, I knew I wouldn't have enough time to do her justice and I wouldn't be allowed a weapon at the Con anyways. After brainstorming with my wonderful cosplay consult, Cat, I decided upon going with a quick Princess Serenity.




My biggest inspiration came from Under the Needle: Princess Serenity. Because of this walk through, I decided to go bead-tastic on my dress.

But how could I complete this type of awesome in so little time? Perseverance and a prefabricated dress. 

This is what I have supply wise so far. 

On Amazon, I ordered:





*There are many great dress option on Amazon for this dress and the more you are willing to spend then the more awesome you can get for a dress. However, I am relatively cheap and had to have the dress via Prime, so my options were more limited. 

From JoAnn Fabrics, I bought:
 2 bags of small craft pearl beads
2 bags of extra small craft pearl beads 
2 bags of medium craft pearl beads
Krylon Metallic Gold Spray Paint (Because all of the gold beads were super yellow-y)
White thread
Beading needles
E600 Glue

Future Purchases Required:
Fabric for the bow
Possibly additional beads

That's all I've got for now. I will be working on my beaded circles for the bodice while I wait for the dress to arrive, but I will post about that in a bit. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment