Monday, November 28, 2016

Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress: November 28 Update

Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress: November 28 Update

With all the traveling this holiday, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. However, I started on my halo so I'm pretty excited! Before I get all into that, I wanted to to touch base on my tunic/bodice.

Tunic

The tunic I am making is going to be the structure that holds everything up. It is basic and black so nothing is really special about it. 

I used some left over spandex from my Black Widow cosplay and a leotard pattern from Kwik Sew, as shown below.


I didn't make the crotch part of the leotard because there was really know point. 


However, I did extend the butt part down in the back.


I did this so I would have enough fabric in the back to do the little zig-zag that Mercy has in the back before her bodice turns into her skirt.

Image result for mercy back

A "business up front, party in the back" kind of thing going on.

Here are pics with the beginnings of my armor piece.





As it stands, the tunic hands a little how in the front. I will be fixing that soon. But that's whatever.

HALO TIME!


I started my quest for halo by measuring my head. Because I can't keep track of a measuring tape to save my life, I tried using my quilting ruler. As it turns out, it was basically halo-tastic for me.



Next step was making a sample one out of foam to get the measurements all awesome. 



I obviously needed to cut down the foam thickness up top, but I got the lightning bolt things where I liked them. I also needed to add length. I think I have a good halo going on, but I plan on having some wicked bangs.

I plan on styling my wig (Jeannie from Arda Wigs, which I ordered during their Black Friday sale) in the style of  akemi1010xoxo, as pictured below. Therefore, I needed more circle to my halo.


I cut my top halo part in half and spliced together some more length. 





It definitely looks more goofy right now than I desire, but I swear it will work out well. Tomorrow I plan on cutting it out of EVA foam and shaping it. That's all for now.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment