Saturday, November 19, 2016

Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress: November 19 Update


Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress: November 19 Update


In Janurary, I will be attending Swamp Con in Gainesville, FL. I figured that I would seize this opportunity to take on a video game based cosplay project. I chose to do Mercy from Overwatch.





One of my biggest challenges for this cosplay is going to be the wings, which are essential to Mercy's look. I've never made wings before so I need to get going on this ASAP.

To prevent myself from failing horribly at making progress posts, I am going to be trying to post based on day to day activities instead of completion chunks. 

Wings


I decided to carve my wings out of EVA foam and then cover them in Worbla. I started by purchasing a pattern for the wings through CestLaSara on Etsy. 


I cut out all the lovely pieces and taped them together. I made a wall of Mercy wings in my craft room.



Next, I marked out the general outline on some cardboard and cut the shape out of my EVA foam.




I cut out two pieces for each wing and hot glued them together.



Then, I began shaving down the foam and making crevices with my dremel rotary tool. 


That's all I have for you right now. I will be updating more as I go along. 
Thanks for checking me out!


No comments:

Post a Comment