Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress: November 22 Update

Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress:  November 22 Update



As I continue to carve out my wings from EVA foam, I've decided to start working on the clothing part of the costume (leggings, bodice, sleeves, etc.)

I started out by purchasing brown leggings from Amazon, as shown below.


Leggings Depot Basic Solid Plain Full Leggings Stretch 128 (Brown)


Sure, I could have made my own leggings. However, making my own would have cost me more money than purchasing pre-made ones, so I went with the cheaper option. The leggings are supposed to arrive Friday, so I will work on painting them at that time.

I will be replicating the design below on the leggings.


My plan is to make a stencil out of a plastic folder and just going to town on the leggings.

Next, I started working on white armor front piece.


I decided to make the piece as light as possible and to do that I needed to use craft foam. I used white foam from Michael's, as shown below. 

It is a pretty good bang for you buck and gives you a lot of area to work with. I ended up making several different armor pieces before I got it right and having a lot of foam to work with was great.

I snipped big piece off the roll and draped it over my dress foam. I cut out the basic base of the armor. The top worked wretchedly because of the boobs, so I ended up deciding to take a piece together look to pull it off.  I kept the bottom and decided to cut out the top part separately. This meant that I needed to cut out the severely curvy bits (ta-tas). I used an old bra to get the shape I was looking for. 



After that I cut it out and got the basic shape down.


Next I needed the top half. So I took the extra foam that I cut off at the top and cut a neck hole.


Because the Saiyan look is not very Mercy-tastic, I trimmed the shoulders. Plus, I cut out the boob bits to make room for the curved bits.

And here it is in all its boobless wonder!


I am still trying to get the boob parts to shape well, so I this is where I stand for now. 

I am leaving town for Thanksgiving, but I plan on making a post again by Monday. I intend on either having the foam boob bits worked out or starting working on the skirt pieces.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I am working on a Mercy cosplay as well. I did the chest piece using a thermoplastic called terraflex on a mannequin that was adjusted to my size. It makes it really easy to make the boob cups.

    ReplyDelete