Thursday, December 22, 2016

Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress: December 22 Update

Mercy (Overwatch) Cosplay Progress: December 22 Update

I've been working on a variety of bits for my Mercy cosplay, but I've hit quite a few challenges which have slowed me down. On the upside, with great frustration come great creativity!

Speaking of which, after struggling with carving down my wings from EVA foam, I decided to simplicy and layer foam board. Results look awesome if I do say so myself. 

I started by cutting out the full wing. I used the same pattern that I used for my EVA foam, which you can find a link to on my previous posts.


Then I kept adding layers







And BOOM a good looking wing!


I was able to bang out both wings in an evening. I will be reinforcing them with Worbla and attaching them to my harness. I will post an update on that after the holidays once I figure it all out! 

On a different note, I created a Facebook page (https://m.facebook.com/FangirlingOut/) that makes it easier to follow my progress and get updates. That way you don't have to keep checking back on Blogger. Also, I like chatting so feel free to give me a shout!

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment