Wednesday, June 15, 2016

House of Black & White Arya Cosplay Breakdown

House of Black & White Arya Cosplay Breakdown

For an upcoming Con in Dallas, I have convinced my younger sister to join me in dressing up as the Stark sisters. I am doing my Dark Sansa outfit, and I am making her a quick Arya costume. I have chosen Arya's House of Black & White dress because of its simplicity. 



I am doing a quick breakdown of how I made the dress. Let me know if you have any questions.  

First, I made a really baggy dress. It doesn't need to be fitted in the slightest. I made it out of black linen.



I belted it so I could keep track of the waist for adding the bib portion. 

Next, I did a mini hem on the neckline. It doesn't need to be excellent. Just enough to keep the neck from fraying. 

Then I made the bib part.

To make the bib, I took a piece of the black linen and marked it into thirds. Then I sewed a small fold on each of the third lines. 


I next added the bib to the dress. And hemmed the end so that it hit above the belt.

For the sleeves, I cut a diagonal line a couple inches above my elbow and hemmed it.



And here is the final product!


On me:

Pictures of my sister in the outfit will be posted with my Sansa Stark final images.

No comments:

Post a Comment