Monday, May 16, 2016

Dark Sansa Cosplay Progress: Part 6 - Feather the Collar

Dark Sansa Cosplay Progress: Part 6 - Feather the Collar

Since I have finished my finals, I finally got around to finishing off feathering my collar.

I started with the collar on my dress form. I used black rooster feathers that I purchased via Amazon for the collar. 


I marked down lines and hot glued my feather strips down.


Below is the collar after two lines of feathers.


I continued until I got up to the neck portion of the collar. This was three lines in total. For the final line, as seen below, I had to curve around to the front. I made sure not to be too curved so that the feathers were flat against the collar. 







Next, I cut out small sections to cover the remaining sides.


And hot glued them down. 



Now the base of the collar is all finished. 


For the neck, I wrapped the remaining feather strop around the neck and glued it down.




To cover the ribbon top of the feather strip, I took individual feathers and layered them over the edge.







The edges of the feathers stick out at the end so I glued them down and snipped off any excess

And I'm done!

 

I am planning on making slight adjustments later to make the feathers a bit more slick, but I will touch on that later. 

Coming Soon: Part 7 - Wig Braiding

No comments:

Post a Comment