Tuesday, July 18, 2017

GoT Halloween: Melisandre Necklace - 3D Printing

GoT Halloween: Melisandre Necklace - 3D Printing


As part of my Melisandre cosplay, I needed her signature necklace.



Because I have a shiny and new 3D Printer to play with, I decided to try printing the necklace.





Thingiverse Design: Melisandre's necklace from game of thrones by JarlSagan1278

Below is the sample image provided by JarlSagan1278.


The following are my results:



Opinions


First off, this is definitely better than I could have hand crafted with clay or another modeling medium. It has a professionalism that I would probably not be able to achieve. 

The downside to this model is that it is thick. I personally would have liked a thinner necklace piece. I can alter the model and reprint it (and I may do so in the future), but for now I am going to run with it.

I will keep plugging along with the costumes and keep you updated. Feel free to give me a shout with comments or questions!

TTFN!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racy costumes aren't just for women to wear, they're also available men. For more information on cosplay hero click on cosplayhero.de.

    ReplyDelete