Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Vanessa Carlysle (Deadpool) Strappy Dress - Part 2 & MegaCon Photos

Vanessa Carlysle (Deadpool) Strappy Dress - Part 2 & MegaCon Photos


After much delay and running around, I have finally written the second part out for my Vanessa dress.

I left off part one talking about fixing the boob area of the dress. Initially, I intended on making cups out of the elastic and attaching them.

So my solution was to sew straps directly across and let my bra work to give the general shape.




I attached the straps in the back with velcro so that they could easily be opened and adjusted up top.


With a black bra, it looks more like a top than just straps. You might say, "hey, but doesn't it go down further in more like a sweetheart/v neck action". Yes it does. And through the power of elastic deciding to do its own thing, it would often do so and drift down exposing the bra more and more.  The bra became much more important than I originally planned for. My boyfriend was on boob watch for the majority of the con so it didn't slip down too far.

 Here is a full body shot of the dress from my hotel room at MegaCon. It isn't the best image, I know, but it shows how things would lay. The straps migrated as I moved so I had to frequently adjust them. If I were to redo this outfit, I would sew the straps down all around the dress instead of in just sections. Although it made it more comfortable to wear, it did require many adjustments throughout the day.


Wig time!


I used a dark brown wavy wig with a clip in blonde extension.


Note: The clip in extension didn't curl for all the tea in China. So it ended up being a piece of straight hair in a wavy wig. It got the point across and worked because I was pinched for time; however, I would suggest going with a different one, preferably pre-curled, instead of the one I used.


You can barely see the extension in the picture below. For future cons, I would want a thicker extension.


Jacket, Heels, Stockings & Garters




I ordered the jacket in XXL so that it would fit my boyfriend as well. I could have gone with a smaller size for sure, but I wanted us both to be able to fit in it. That's what a boyfriend jacket is for anyways.






Mega Con Photos




Yeah, I know I need to take more pictures. I am working on it.

Although there are definitely some things I would change about this outfit,  I feel it was overall successful. I mean, I got to dance to Careless Whisper with a Deadpool Cosplayer so I will call that a win. 


Let me know if you have any comments or questions! TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment